Wednesday 1 June 2011

Life is a Rose Garden



When I was about 12 or 13 years old my Dad said to me "Life is no rose garden" to which I replied "Yes it is, there are just lots of thorns". Sometimes I wish I had never said that, 
I hear it repeated back to me, ALOT!!! 
Some rose garden are perfectly manicured

And some are a hot mess!!!

I've come to realize that metaphorically as well as in reality an unmanicured rose garden tends to be more thorny!! I love roses. I love how they look, smell, feel, I love their plethora of symbolism and all their varieties. I do not like how I cannot grow them, when they die, or their thorns (especially the metaphoric ones!). My life is definitely an unmanicured rose garden!! And just as I have tried to grow roses, my efforts to manicure my life do not blossom. My obstacle course seems riddled with thorns and with blossoms few and far between. 

Of course I realize this is for my eternal benefit, 
I am just getting used to the idea of 
sleeping in a briar patch!

Home Sweet Home






3 comments:

  1. Dena,
    Life is hard, yes.

    But it is also really beautiful, and I do not agree that its "part of the plan" to be difficult all the time, or even majority of the time.
    I think we make life harder or easier with how we choose to look at things or react to situations. :)
    Just my two cents!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment J, I too do believe there is lots about life that is beautiful, and beautiful even while it is hard, that is why I liken it to a rose garden. And regardless of how many thorns, I believe both manicure and unmanicured rose gardens are beautiful just some are easier to navigate than others. I think everyones plan is different, and that we each come to the understanding that helps us best. Thank you for reading
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it’s time for a new post!?
    Even if our lives are an unmanicured rose garden, it just takes love and time to groom them (and a lot of sweat). One step at a time right? Honestly, if mine was perfectly manicured… where would the fun, progression and adventure be? Once a bit has been fixed up… the feeling of accomplishment is amazing! Isn’t that what we’re here for? Hey, remember my talk the other week? There was a part where I said something along the lines of… we should feel privileged that the Lord finds us worth his time and effort to chasten in order to perfect us!? So, woohoo for thorns! If you need some pruning, you can call me anytime! I’m here if you need anything. You are beautiful as a rose and I love ya.
    Ames

    ReplyDelete